Friday, June 8, 2012

The "TTTT": Teaching Twilight To Teens

Hello fellow EFL teachers!  I have this really great, fun, and silly lesson plan I have come up with for high school EFL or ESL students.  I have tested it out on some of the students I tutor with and they really enjoyed it.

As most everyone knows, The Twilight Saga is all the rage (is it all the rage to say 'all the rage'?), and teenagers eat it up (or should I say bite right into it?)!
I will attach the Word document which explains all of the details.  There are pre/during/post treatment activities and it does require handouts and an overhead with internet as there is an interview, some vocabulary exercises, and a couple video clips.

I think this lesson plan is really engaging because tweens and teens are nothing if not obsessed with the characters in this series and it is a way to grab their attention and get them learning new vocabulary and verb tenses. Get out your garlic cloves and let's take a bite!

Here's the doc in Google Docs:  Twilight Link Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment